Shiatsu with Simon Givertz

Tuesday 2 February 2010

Back pain success

I am pleased to say that a client has reported having no back pain since his last treatment (about a month) after years of chronic pain and wakes with no back ache and has gone to sleep on his side for the first time in a decade.

I put this success down to him being prepared to take responsibility for his process. We worked on breath, relaxation and general body awareness to give him the tools to experiment with what worked for him, which exercises he was happy to do, how he could adjust his posture and how the breath can make tension dissolve in an instant.

Having Shiatsu gave him a sense of relaxation to feel, and to become aware of, so that he could try to create that for himself. As he said today, "I wish I could relax as deeply as I do here and re-create that use of breath to the same extent". I assured him practice will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
^ Scroll to Top